What will happen if I leave my hearing loss untreated?
Untreated hearing loss has shown to have serious social, emotional, physiological and psychological effects on an individual. The single most devastating effect of untreated hearing loss is Auditory Deprivation.
Use it or lose it!
When the auditory nerve and areas in the brain responsible for processing and interpreting of sound are deprived of sound, they atrophy or weaken. This is referred to as “Auditory deprivation”.
The single most important key to hearing better for longer is to keep the hearing mechanism active and not let it weaken. This is done through the use of hearing aids – even if the hearing loss is very minimal.
The earlier the hearing loss is treated, the better your outcome with hearing aids will be in the long term.
Untreated hearing loss can also cause:
- Irritability, negativism, anger
- Fatigue, tension, stress and depression
- Avoidance or withdrawal from social situations and relationships
- Reduced alertness and increased risk to personal safety
- Impaired memory and ability to learn new tasks
- Reduced job performance
- Diminished psychological and overall health
Make a Booking
Would you like to make a booking? You can use our online booking form and we will contact regarding your request.
Alternatively you can call us on: 0824412517.